Thank you for the interest you have shown in applying for placement at Rosebank Primary School.
Please complete the online form below to indicate your interest and the admin office will respond as soon as possible. Alternatively, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Application forms are available upon request.
Applications for Grade 1 will need to be done online through the GDE admissions website. You can access the GDE online portal via the following link: https://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za/
For parents enrolling their child for Grade R or 1, your child must turn 5 years of age by the 30th June of the Grade R year and 6 years of age before the 30th June for the Grade 1 year.
The Language of Teaching and Learning at Rosebank Primary is ENGLISH, therefore it is imperative that your child be able to speak and understand it.
Please be aware that the First additional language (FAL) from Grade 1 to Grade 3 is Afrikaans, with isiZulu as a Second Additional Language. Grade 4 to Grade 7 children have a choice between Afrikaans and isiZulu as their FAL subject – this must please be indicated on the application form. There is no SAL in Grade 4 to 7.
Placement Criteria for Grade R -7:
When a parent applies to a school for their child, it is important to remember that the following criteria is considered in order of priority below:
– Home address within the school’s feeder zone
– Sibling/previous schools (the applicant learner has a sibling attending the school)
– Parents’ work address within the school’s feeder zone (the place of employment of at least one of the applicant learner’s parents is within the feeder zone of the school)
– Home address within 30km radius (the learner’s place of residence is within a 30km radius of the school)
– Home address beyond 30km radius (the learner’s place of residence is beyond a 30km radius of the school)
The following documents and required upon application for Grade R – 7 and must be certified:
– Child’s birth certificate
– Parents/guardians’ ID or passport
– Proof of guardianship (if a guardian)
– Proof of residence
– Proof of employment
– Latest school report (where applicable)
– Clinic card/vaccination report
– Non-South African citizens are also required to submit: work permit; permanent residence permit; study visa.
School fees for 2022 as determined at the AGM is R20 000. Please note that we are a Section 21 school, where school fees is a statutory requirement.
Application forms for a subsidy are available via appointment with the school’s bursar. Please note that that an application does not automatically guarantee a subsidy being rewarded. All criteria needs to be met before a subsidy will be considered.